I don't know how to do this exactly - but I think it is possible with
a custom datatype. I think you define a custom datatype (you will
probably want to extend the Galaxy tabular datatype), then I believe
you will need to override the set_meta method on the datatype to
collect a new metadata field (perhaps called factors), and finally
have the first step produce this datatype.

The second step then should define its input data parameter to consume
this type, and then define a "select" param type and within that

  <param name="label" type="select" label="Factor" >
   <options>
    <filter type="data_meta" ref="output_step_1" key="factors" />
   </options>
  </param>

The example of a tool that works vaguely this way that I know about is
JJ's mothur wrappers (but hopefully someone can think of one that
actually works with tabular data).

Here is the repository:
https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/jjohnson/mothur_toolsuite/file/tip/mothur

Here is the datatype definition - he extends Text data - but you would
want to extend Tabular instead - but this gives a sense of how to
override set_meta to collect metadata and extend a datatype.

https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/jjohnson/mothur_toolsuite/file/tip/mothur/lib/galaxy/datatypes/metagenomics.py

Here is a tool than that uses this datatype and the filter on data_meta type.

https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/jjohnson/mothur_toolsuite/file/tip/mothur/tools/mothur/classify.otu.xml

It will probably frustrating to get this pattern working the first
time - but it is possible.

Hope this helps,
-John