Yes. I figured out. Nothing wrong with the latest galaxy. I installed and
tested the galaxy server on a remote host. I connected to
the remote machine with X11 forwarding and started the firefox on the
remote machine. I didn't realize somehow firefox actually
ran on my local machine and hence when I typed 'http://localhost:8080', it
tried to connect 8080 port on my local machine. I
eventually connected to the remote machine with vnc and tested the galaxy
server running OK.

Thanks.