Hello Galaxy,

I have a small dilemma regarding the fasta datatype.

Currently, to my knowledge, the fasta datatype does not specify any
metadata. I was curious how I should go about changing the fasta datatype if
I wanted to include the .fai and .dict as metadata? Basically I want to
avoid unnecessary recreating of the same file done automatically by MuTect.
It seems very inefficient to have to produce these files every time a user
were to call MuTect in galaxy (I.e. MuTect can't find them, so it makes them
itself).

I guess my question is, what are the consequences to adjusting the current
implementation of the fasta datatype? Will users be able to pull this tool
easily? (I.e. When one uploads a tool and that tools uses a different fasta
definition, how does galaxy handle this?) Could this new fasta declaration
potentially be adapted by galaxy? Should I just define a new mtfasta
datatype special for MuTect purposes?

Let me know if you have any advice,

Marco