Ugh - hit send too soon accidentally.

I was trying to say - that I believe this was recently changed to
allow Galaxy served over HTTPS to access the UCSC in the linked
changeset. I was wondering if you could try to just undo that change
and see if things work for you again.

https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/commits/579d211c2b0fa8ef4195930cb999edbb9a0cf8eb

If that does work - it might work to set that XML block to something like

<inputs action="//genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTables"
check_values="false" method="get">

which may correctly tell the web browser to infer HTTP or HTTPS and
that would be a change I would be happy to make in -central to fix
this problem.

Sorry again for all the e-mails.

-John

P.S. I would definitely serve Galaxy over HTTPS if at all possible -
so that might be something you just want to do now to side this
problem.