So the tool dependency stuff didn't change - but the local job runner
now behaves like the other job runners (DRMAA, PBS, etc...) so you
have uncovered a bug for all of them I think. Is this a tool shed tool
or a locally created dependency?

I need to think about how to solve this more generally but if you want
a quick work around - I think it would work to just replace "python"
in $GALAXY_ROOT/set_metadata.sh with a  hard-coded path to Galaxy's
python or perhaps just "python2".

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

-John