On 21.01.2015 16:11, John Chilton wrote:
So the tool dependency stuff didn't change - but the local job runner
now behaves like the other job runners (DRMAA, PBS, etc...) so you
have uncovered a bug for all of them I think. Is this a tool shed tool
or a locally created dependency?

This is a tool shed tool (package_mimodd_0_1_5), but one I uploaded myself (I discovered the bug when I did a test install after updating our local Galaxy).

I need to think about how to solve this more generally but if you want
a quick work around - I think it would work to just replace "python"
in $GALAXY_ROOT/set_metadata.sh with a  hard-coded path to Galaxy's
python or perhaps just "python2".

Since I can change the tool shed tool a more "global" solution could be to simply remove the "python" symlink from the python3 virtualenv after its created and have the tool use "python3" explicitly at runtime. I'll try whether that works, but I think it should.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

No problem. I'm glad if I could help with something instead of just asking questions all the time.

Wolfgang