I believe this is an ancient bug that I has been fixed in Galaxy's
central branch but is not in the latest release:

https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/commits/1422966f1ca88472b8685015f5a8cdd3dd0f1db9

The previous workaround for this bug was that one would need to import
the datatype at the top of registry.py (import rsem_datatypes) which
is another option for addressing this problem instead of applying the
patch.

Hope this helps,
-John