To answer your questions from above, in case it can help with this new
problem, we are sourcing the modules from an "env.sh" script whose full
path is the value of the "environment_setup_file" option. This fixed our
first problem, but not this second one. We created the modules ourselves
for each of the programs.

- Nik.