Bjoern's answer is a good one.  Another way we commonly do this is by
preparing a 'base' history published with the datasets the students need to
get started -- something like
https://usegalaxy.org/u/mimi31k/h/chip-seq-example-1-raw-data.  Students
then click a single button to import that history and start working with it.

To be clear, there is no actual duplication of data using either this or
the data libraries approach.