From: galaxy-dev [galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.galaxyproject.org] On Behalf Of
Federico Zambelli [federico.zambe...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2015 8:18 AM
To: John Chilton
Cc: galaxy-...@lists.bx.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] Bug? Uploaded files not adding to history (Nginx
upload)

Actually we had a quite old version of nginx running, now I have updated
it to the latest stable 1.6.2 (plus nginx-upload-module-2.2) but the
issue is still here. The file is correctly uploaded, I can see it in the
tmp upload directory configured in galaxy.ini but then it is not loaded
in the history. If I disable nginx upload then all works fine.

my nginx upload entries in galaxy.ini are:

nginx_upload_store = /home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/database/tmp/upload_store
nginx_upload_path = _upload

In the nginx conf file, for Galaxy uploads I have:

  location /galaxy/_upload {
             upload_store
/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/database/tmp/upload_store;
             upload_pass_form_field "";
             upload_set_form_field
"__${upload_field_name}__is_composite" "true";
             upload_set_form_field "__${upload_field_name}__keys" "name
path";
             upload_set_form_field "${upload_field_name}_name"
"$upload_file_name";
             upload_set_form_field "${upload_field_name}_path"
"$upload_tmp_path";
             upload_pass_args on;
             upload_pass /_upload_done;
         }

location /galaxy/library_common/_upload {
             upload_store
/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/database/tmp/upload_store;
             upload_pass_form_field "";
             upload_set_form_field
"__${upload_field_name}__is_composite" "true";
             upload_set_form_field "__${upload_field_name}__keys" "name
path";
             upload_set_form_field "${upload_field_name}_name"
"$upload_file_name";
             upload_set_form_field "${upload_field_name}_path"
"$upload_tmp_path";
             upload_pass_args on;
             upload_pass /_upload_done;
         }

         location /_upload_done {
             set $dst /galaxy/tool_runner/index;
             if ($args ~ nginx_redir=([^&]+)) {
                 set $dst $1;
             }

and it worked fine 'til I updated to the newest Galaxy rel.

I need to fix this issue before upgrading the production server.

Thanks,
F.