I tried using the default config/job_conf.xml but that didn't make a
difference.  I'll just try testing on a different solo galaxy instance, and
will report back.  I'm guessing it will work elsewhere.

Message: 3
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] Tool test failure - I could use some help...

Thanks for the tips, Peter.  Hmm.  No amount of playing with my
galaxy-dist/tool_conf.xml.sample file is enabling the tool to be found by
run_tests.sh . In the run_functional_tests.html I see: