On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 2:15 PM, John Chilton <jmchil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Peter,
>
>   That database is pretty new (not yet in stable) - but you are
> tracking the master branch of galaxy on github in your tests (which is
> sortof like stable). You will want to either track the dev branch (so
> you can continue to catch all the errors right away :)) or track
> master and use an older database.

Ah - that makes sense - wrongly assumed the master was
the default and development branch.

(This probably also explains why the galaxy_blast tests stopped
working, installing the blast.py custom datatypes was failing.)

>   Someday soon I will move this logic into Galaxy's run_tests.sh so
> that Galaxy always knows what version of the database it needs and we
> don't have to deal with these version incompatibilities. Sorry for the
> confusion.

Yes please - an explicit error message for "Your database schema
(version XXX) is too new for this version of Galaxy" should do the
trick (not just for run_tests.sh but one once in the database code
to cover all of Galaxy).