Hello all,

I'm hoping to construct a workflow which produces a simple tally table
(using the "Count1" tool, "Count occurrences of each record", which is
still shipped with the Galaxy core) and then draws this as a Pie Chart.

1. Using "Count1", generate tally table (a simple two column tabular file,
counts and labels as c1 and c2) in the history.

2. Click on the tally table in the history to expand the green box

3. Click on the "Visualize" icon, pick "Charts", click on "Pie Chart"

4. Click "Draw" or the "Configuration" tab.

5. Change donut ratio to zero, show legend to true, and show labels
output to true.

6. Click "Draw" or the "Add Data" tab.

7. Under "Select Columns", "Labels", pick c2

8. Under "Select Columns", "Values", keep default c1

9. Click "Draw"

10. Admire interactive Pie Chart

11. Click "Screenshot", offered PNG / SVG / PDF but these are
only direct downloads (well, PDF is more complicated).

Question: How can I "save" a static snapshot of the Pie Chart as a
new history item (other than downloading it locally and then uploading
it)?

Question: If so, can I then turn this history into a workflow which
would recreate the pie chart?

As a work around I could write a traditional Galaxy tool which takes
as input data files(s) and pre-sets the columns and visualisation
settings, and produces static image(s) as output (e.g. PDF and PNG).