I've prepared a few slide-decks for an in-house Galaxy tool-development
workshop, available at
https://github.com/Public-Health-Bioinformatics/galaxy-tool-tutorials in pdf
and libre office odp format.  I thought others might appreciate them or have
feedback.  I see now the
https://planemo.readthedocs.org/en/latest/writing_standalone.html tutorial
which will be a good resource for us too!

In the "Galaxy tool Versioning" deck devoted to making people aware of what
versioning means for tools, I said:

"An update: a cosmetic change or functional enhancement that doesn't affect the
previous output behaviour of the tool.  (This can also include bug fixes that
remedy previously useless output.)

A revision: a functional enhancement that changes the current output of the
tool, or marks significant enhancements."

So is that agreeable?  I was trying to get at the fact that Galaxy will let you
upload code changes without necessarily incrementing the tool's version #, so
thinking of the allowable cases for that "update" situation.

Damion

Hsiao lab, BC Public Health Microbiology & Reference Laboratory, BC Centre for
Disease Control
655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5Z 4R4 Canada