On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Peter Briggs
<peter.bri...@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Apologies as this seems to be quite a frequent question (and I may have
> missed something) however: are the tool tests being executed on the main or
> test toolsheds at the moment?
>
> The most recent tests results that I can find for any of the tools I've
> uploaded is the 29th January. I've also looked at a couple of tools from
> other users and the situation appears to be the same (at least in those
> cases).
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Best wishes
>
> Peter

Hi Peter B.,

You're probably seeing some of my emails on this topic - there
used to be a nightly test run, then dropped to every second night,
but that Galaxy team have been having trouble with the system.

On a positive note, at least some tools are getting tested. This is
one I updated earlier this month on 2015-03-06, but didn't include
all the named test files - so the test failed:

https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/sample_seqs
Automated test environment
Time tested: 2015-03-16 15:15:33
One or more test files are missing for tool sample_seqs:
MID4_GLZRM4E04_rnd30.sff

I updated this on the test tool shed on 2015-03-16 but it has
yet to be tested there:

https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/sample_seqs

For now I would urge you to include as much local testing as
you can, and explore setting up another testing service like
TravisCI or Jenkins for your tool development. e.g.

http://blastedbio.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/using-travis-ci-for-testing-galaxy-tools.html

Note that John's plameno tool looks set to become extremely
useful for both running the tests, and other sanity checking
with its "lint" command (and I plan to use this for my TravisCI
test setup one day):

https://github.com/galaxyproject/planemo

Peter C.