Hi,

Looking through the DRMAA job runner code I noticed that in
lib/galaxy/jobs/__init__.py:1582 that if chown to a user in
change_ownership_for_run fails then there is chmod 0777 instead.

I'm thinking that this probably shouldn't happen by default, or there needs to
be a big warning on the wiki? I understand the world-readable security concerns
posted there - but world-writable, for whatever reason, on a shared cluster
seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Maybe either warn on the wiki, make the chmod 777 a non-default option, or an
option to disable it?

DT

UT Southwestern

Medical Center