If you are installing scipy from source (and I think that is how galaxy and
pip both do it), then you need a fortran compiler installed.

-Will

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 1:35 PM, Curtis Hendrickson (Campus) <curt...@uab.edu
> wrote:

>  Folks
>

> I installed this very useful looking tool repository (fml_gff3togtf
> <https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/vipints/fml_gff3togtf>)  to convert
> GFF3->BED12 based on this BioStars.
>
>                 https://www.biostars.org/p/85869
>
> It installed fine, but when I run it on
>

> ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/genomes/Viruses/Human_herpesvirus_5_uid14559/NC_006273.gff
>
> I get
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "/share/apps/galaxy/test-shed-tools/
> toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/vipints/fml_gff3togtf/6e589f267c14/fml_gff3togtf/gff_to_bed.py",
> line 18, in <module>
>
>     import GFFParser
>
>   File "/share/apps/galaxy/test-shed-tools/
> toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/vipints/fml_gff3togtf/6e589f267c14/fml_gff3togtf/GFFParser.py",
> line 20, in <module>
>
>     import scipy.io as sio
>
> ImportError: No module named scipy.io
>
> Anyone know the trick to get the python libraries set up correctly?
>

> (also note that this failed nightly tests on 2015-04-06 – but that looks
> like a lack of test data/configuration)
>

> I see some other packages (like htseq_count
> <https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/lparsons/htseq_count>) have numpy as
> a dependency…. Using the devteam’s numpy 1.7 package:
>

> https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/devteam/package_numpy_1_7
>

> Regards,
>
> Curtis
>

> Research Associate, Informatics Unit
>
> Center for Clinical and Translational Science
>
> http://bioinformatics.uab.edu
>
> University of Alabama at Birmingham

The information contained in this e-mail message or any attachment(s) may
be confidential and/or privileged and is intended for use only by the
individual(s) to whom this message is addressed.  If you are not the
intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, copying, or use is
strictly prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail message in error, please
e-mail the sender at who...@lygos.com and destroy this message and remove
the transmission from all computer directories (including e-mail servers).