Hi Davids,

For some a somewhat more complex example, have a look at the GenomeSpace
importer tools under tools/genomespace in the distribution. They always create
at least 1 dataset, but can create any number of files, of any type of
datatype. In this tool, it will use the filetype declared by GenomeSpace, or it
will fall back to using Galaxy’s sniffing functions of it doesn’t know the
datatypes.

This makes use of the ‘galaxy.json’ file —>
json_params['job_config']['TOOL_PROVIDED_JOB_METADATA_FILE']

Thanks,

Dan