From: galaxy-dev [mailto:galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.galaxyproject.org] On Behalf
Of McCully, Dwayne (NIH/NIAMS) [C]
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2015 3:54 PM
To: 'galaxy-dev@lists.galaxyproject.org'
Subject: [galaxy-dev] MySQL InnoDB - Execution Order

Hello Everyone,

The running Galaxy in a production environment documentation states:

"If you are using MySQL<http://dev.mysql.com/> with
MyISAM<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/myisam-storage-engine.html> table
engine when Galaxy is in multiprocess configuration, workflow steps will get
executed out of
order<http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/Job-execution-order-mixed-up-tt4662488.html>
 and fail.
Use InnoDB<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-storage-engine.html>
engine instead or switch to PostgreSQL<http://www.postgresql.org/>."

I've enabled InnoDB for my MySQL database via the my.cnf file but the default
database and database to log all database transactions were created with MyISAM
files.
If this is normal,  when will Galaxy create InnoDB tables?   I don't believe
you can create a database with InnoDB.

Dwayne

UT Southwestern

Medical Center