Hi,

I am setting up apache over a remote server on which a virtual apache was
previously installed under /seq/../iwww. Set up of this directory looks
something like this:

/seq/../iwww
-->apache/
    -->sites-available/
         -->defaults
    -->sites-enabled/
-->myPublic.conf (this is equivalent to httpd.conf)

As John suggested to start with an easier apache config:

I have done the following:-
1) In defaults I have this:

<VirtualHost *:80>

RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^(.*) [http://[IP address]:8080/]$1 [P]
2) In myPublic.conf I have these two directories:

<Directory "/seq/RNASEQ/iwww/htdocs">

    Options +ExecCGI

    AllowOverride All

    DirectoryIndex index.html index.cgi

    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

    Order Allow,Deny

    Allow from All

    <FilesMatch "\.ini">

        Deny from all

    </FilesMatch>

</Directory>

<Directory "/seq/regev_genome_portal/SOFTWARE/galaxy">

    AllowOverride All

    DirectoryIndex static/welcome.html

    Order Allow,Deny

    Allow from All

    <FilesMatch "\.ini">

          Deny from all

    </FilesMatch>
At this point I am not sure in which direction should I go to get this
running off of apache.

Kindly note: I am able to start an apache instance by executing sh run.sh and
the galaxy instance is up and running through the IP address.

Please advice.

Thank you,
Asma