I wanted to add that I have a niche justification for having UUID available in
tool interface.  My tool needed to scan user's current history in order to
determine if user already had generated relevant datasets.  If they didn't
exist, my tool triggered the generation of them, and loaded them into user's
current history.  In other words, a caching system.  Without the UUID, I'd
theoretically have to scan a User's entire list of histories, looking for the
cacheable data, and that is error prone too. (A history dataset caching
mechanism also becomes a step towards workflows that have checkpoints, that can
be restarted at a checkpoint).

Damion