Hi,

I have configured apache as reverse proxy for galaxy and I also configured
apache to access my openldap for authentication. It's working fine but I
was getting some trouble to logout the users as explained in the
documentation here
https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/ExternalUserAuth#Logging_out_Basic_Auth.27d_Users

So I tried a different approach by adding this mod_rewrite lines to my
apache vhost and it seems to work fine to logout users

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule   "^/user/logout$"  "https://logout@%{HTTP_HOST}";  [R,L]

It took me some time to figure out this workaround so I send it to the list
in case it's useful for anyone else. It would be nice if someone can update
the docs. I have verified it works with latest chrome and firefox. It
doesn't work with internet explorer 11

regards
Pablo.