Howdy Devs,

I'd like to see BioPython added as an egg. I mentioned this on IRC, but it
sort of fell off. A couple of users spoke positively about having it as a
dependency.

Do any of the devs have further opinions on this? Can we add it?

Depending on BioPython would provide us with a lot of utility in the
datatype/datatype conversion area. I'm, personally, interested in
adding/expanding all of the datatypes from SeqIO
<https://github.com/biopython/biopython/tree/master/Bio/SeqIO> (e.g.
EMBL/GenBank/etc) and AlignIO
<https://github.com/biopython/biopython/tree/master/Bio/AlignIO>
(Stockholm/clustal/etc), and leveraging BioPython for format conversion
there.

Cheers,
Eric
--