Hi

I reply myself...here is my working configuration authenticating galaxy
with my openldap server
https://gist.github.com/pescobar/6a2a038d40158e381fcd

With this setup, the first login to galaxy has to be done with
username/password so the account is created in the galaxy db with the email
fetched from ldap. Once the account exists in galaxy db the login can be
done with username/password or email/password.

The search-filter is looking for uid and mail fields from my ldap database.
I also fetch the dn field to connect to ldap using dn/password

regards,
Pablo.