Hi Pablo,
thanks for sharing your auth_conf.xml !

I think you may
omit the dn from , it should be in the replacement dictionary
automatically.

I'll try to add something similar to
auth_conf.xml.sample .

Cheers,
Nicola

Il 20.05.2015 18:02 Pablo
Escobar ha scritto:

> Hi
> I reply myself...here is my working
configuration authenticating galaxy with my openldap server

https://gist.github.com/pescobar/6a2a038d40158e381fcd [1]
> With this
setup, the first login to galaxy has to be done with username/password
so the account is created in the galaxy db with the email fetched from
ldap. Once the account exists in galaxy db the login can be done with
username/password or email/password.
> The search-filter is looking for
uid and mail fields from my ldap database. I also fetch the dn field to
connect to ldap using dn/password
> regards,
> Pablo.
>
> 2015-05-20
9:42 GMT+02:00 Pablo Escobar :

>> Hi,
>> currently I am validating
my users with openldap in apache. As in the new release of galaxy there
is native support to validate againts ldap from galaxy I have upgraded
to latest galaxy release and I am trying to configure auth_conf.xml but
I cannot manage to get it working with my openldap.
>> I see the
provided example auth_conf.xml.sample is validating again active
directory. Can anyone provide a working auth_conf.xml which is working
with openldap so I can take it as reference?
>> thanks in advance for
any help.
>> regards,
>> Pablo.

Connetti gratis il mondo con la nuova indoona:  hai la chat, le chiamate, le
video chiamate e persino le chiamate di gruppo.
E chiami gratis anche i numeri fissi e mobili nel mondo!
Scarica subito l’app Vai su https://www.indoona.com/