Hi  all,

Excuse me for the newbie question.  I am developing a local instance of galaxy
to use primarily for teaching purposes.
I  would like to index bam files produced in galaxy in order to view them in
IGV.  I can't seem to find the samtools index tool in the toolshed.  I can run
samtools on the command line and generate indexes, but can find no way to add
this functionality to the tool panel so that I can do it in Galaxy.  I also
can't find this functionality in the tool panel  (under Samtools or BAM tools)
on usegalaxy.org.  Am I missing something?  Do I need to write my own tool?

Regards,
Eleanor

Eleanor Morgan
Senior Scientific Officer | School of Biomedical Sciences | Faculty of Health
Sciences

Curtin University
Tel    | +61 8 9266 7516
Mob  | +61 408 004 369
Fax    | +61 8 9266 2342
Email  | e.mor...@curtin.edu.au<mailto:e.mor...@curtin.edu.au>
Web    | biomed.curtin.edu.au

[cid:ED62B336-732F-4D99-ABF8-AFACA1E1C7E3]

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology.
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J (WA), 02637B (NSW)