Hi all,

Searching on the main Tool Shed for fastqc gives two conflicting
tools, an older version from the IUC, and a newer version from
the devteam.

If no one objects, I would like to mark the older IUC entry as
deprecated, and edit the description to refer to the more up to
date devteam entry instead.

Regards,

https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/iuc/fastqc
"FastQC wrapper"
Containing one tool, "FastQC: Comprehensive QC" (version 0.53)

This has an internal tool_dependencies.xml file to install v0.10.1
(rather than using a Tool Shed package).

I can't find this tool on the IUC GitHub,
https://github.com/galaxyproject/tools-iuc

--

https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/devteam/fastqc
"Read QC reports using FastQC"

This has a tool_dependencies.xml pointing at the v0.11.2 package,
and previously used the older v0.10.1 package:

https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/devteam/package_fastqc_0_10_1
https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/devteam/package_fastqc_0_11_2

This tool's development is here:
https://github.com/galaxyproject/tools-devteam/tree/master/tools/fastqc