Hi, all

I’m trying to access the api of my local galaxy instance from another site,
under the remote user mode.

At first, I sent request directly to the galaxy server. and it was OK when
I test it using Postman (with ‘Remote-User’ in the header). But there’s
CORS issue when I use it on my site. The preflight OPTIONS request gave me
403 error.

So, I then tried to proxy the galaxy server to a location of the same
domain of my site using apache. Now there’s no CORS issue. But it now ask
me for authentication to use the api. Seems the ‘Remote-User’ value doesn’t
work anymore.

the request:

[image: Inline image 1]

error response:

{"traceback": "No traceback available.", "err_msg": "API
authentication required for this request", "err_code": 403001}

Any one knows why?
​
best,
Yanbo
--

*Yanbo Ye*
*Guangzhou Institutes of Biomedicine and Health, *

*Email: ye_ya...@gibh.ac.cn <ye_ya...@gibh.ac.cn>*
*Web: http://www.yeyanbo.com <http://www.yeyanbo.com>*
*Phone: (86)-020-32093810*