On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 6:30 AM, Loraine Guéguen
<loraine.gueg...@sb-roscoff.fr> wrote:
> Thanks for your answers !
>
> I will try "./run_tests.sh -installed" and see if it can solve the 2 first
> points. By the way, I didn't know this option (not displayed with
> run_tests.sh --help) or documented on the wiki if I'm not mistaken.

I have opened a PR correcting this oversight -
https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/pull/323 - thanks for the
catch.

> For point 3, I'll try the new "planemo shed_test" subcommand. The subcommand
> "planemo test" uses the run_tests.sh script, isn't it ? Does the "planemo
> shed_test" subcommand use all or any part of the Tool Shed Install and Test
> Framework (https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/AutomatedToolTests) or is it
> completely different ?

It doesn't leverage the install and test framework - it uses
run_tests.sh (with the -installed option) but it sets many extra
things up. It may well not work with installed datatypes for the same
reason - I am not sure. I've created an issue and will try to look
into this (https://github.com/galaxyproject/planemo/issues/226).

> Is there any way to launch the tool tests against an external server (point
> 4) with Planemo ?

Nope - not at this time.

Thanks for the detailed e-mail and follow up. I hope this helps. There
are a lot of discussions ongoing about datatypes and whether they
belong in the tool shed. I generally discourage putting them there - I
think the framework is sort of broken by design for datatypes. Certain
team and community members disagree - hopefully they will help and put
some effort into making datatypes in the Tool Shed more usable :).

-John

> [...]
>>> toolshed installed tool, I have the following error message :
>>>
>>> #########
>>>
>>> Failure: ValueError (No such test TestForTool_sartools_edger) ... ERROR
>>> ======================================================================
>>> ERROR: Failure: ValueError (No such test TestForTool_sartools_edger)
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>    File
>>>
>>> "/projet/htdocs/galaxy-dev/galaxy-dist/eggs/nose-0.11.1-py2.7.egg/nose/failure.py",
>>> line 39, in runTest
>>>      raise self.exc_class(self.exc_val)
>>> ValueError: No such test TestForTool_sartools_edger

>>> Ran 1 test in 0.002s
>>> FAILED (errors=1)
>>
>> ./run_tests.sh -installed runs the tests of all installed tool shed
>> tools. It might be possible to combine that with -id - for a specific
>> tool but I am not sure. It may be possible to construct that test even
>> if -id doesn't work - but it is probably pretty hacky. Let me know if
>> -installed works for you but not when combined with -id and we can
>> work out the details.
>>>
>>> #########
>>>

>>> 2- Tests on tools installed in a local Galaxy instance (with
>>> run_tests.sh) :
>>> Is it possible to test tools which have repository or tool dependencies ?
>>> have a tool (manually installed in galaxy-dist/tools/) with a dependence
>>> a datatype installed from a toolshed. The datatype (no_unzip.zip) is
>>> defined
>>> in the <param> input tag (in <test>) with attribute "ftype". When running
>>> run_tests.sh, it seems that the dataype is not known :
>>>
>>> #########
>>>
>>> ======================================================================
>>> ERROR: test_tool_000001
>>> (functional.test_toolbox.TestForTool_sartools_edger)
>>> SARTools edgeR ( sartools_edger ) > Test-2
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>    File
>>> "/w/galaxy/galaxy4loraine/galaxy-dist/test/functional/test_toolbox.py",
>>> line
>>> 268, in test_tool
>>>      self.do_it( td )
>>>    File
>>> "/w/galaxy/galaxy4loraine/galaxy-dist/test/functional/test_toolbox.py",
>>> line
>>> 37, in do_it
>>>      stage_data_in_history( galaxy_interactor, testdef.test_data(),
>>> test_history, shed_tool_id )
>>>    File "/w/galaxy/galaxy4loraine/galaxy-dist/test/base/interactor.py",
>>> line
>>> 36, in stage_data_in_history
>>>      upload_waits.append( galaxy_interactor.stage_data_async( test_data,
>>> history, shed_tool_id ) )
>>>    File "/w/galaxy/galaxy4loraine/galaxy-dist/test/base/interactor.py",
>>> line
>>> 182, in stage_data_async
>>>      raise Exception(submit_response)
>>> Exception: {u'message': {u'type': u'error', u'data': {u'file_type': u"An
>>> invalid option was selected for file_type, u'no_unzip.zip', please
>>> u'files_metadata': [u"An invalid option was selected for file_type,
>>> u'no_unzip.zip', please verify."]}}}
>>>
>>> #########
>>
>> It is possible it is the case that tool shed datatypes are not loaded
>> unless running with the -installed flag.  I would either setup the
>> tests to run locally (manually add datatypes and tools) or run
>> installed tools with -installed.
>>

>>> 3- Toolshed Install and Test framework (
>>> install_and_test_tool_shed_repositories.sh) : For my tool, the test fails