Hi, Richard

How many histories are on your account? How many datasets (roughly)?

Are you using an Admin account to view the histories and does the slow down
still occur for regular users with large amounts of data?

One of the exposed attributes of datasets (for admins - not other users
generally) is the file_name. I've noticed that retrieving this attribute
from the file system can be slow.

Christian also provides good advice.