Hi Iyad,
        Thanks for taking the time to get back to me.
I am an IT guy, and would not know how to answer these questions except
to say that the server is to be used to facilitate biological and
medical research in the areas of genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics
and metagenomics. (straight from the mission statement :-) )

        I think that they would say  that overall performance is less
important than being able to run large datasets (1/2-3TB).

        I like the idea of a separate box for the web-server, but I am
not sure how the web server would communicate with the pipeline box -
is that ability built into galaxy, or is it a well worn path with plenty
of examples that I could plagiarize?

        Sorry to be such a newb, but I don't know much about galaxy at
all. Luckily I have 2-3 months to put this in place...

Again, thank you for your time.

Regards,
Shane