Dear Galaxy Team,

A colleague would like to upload some NLP (Natural Language Processing) tools
to the Galaxy Test/Main tools sheds, but we are unclear what "categories" to
use for the tools.  I see that the Main/Test tools sheds have a category for
"Text Manipulation", but that does not seem appropriate for NLP tools.  Is it
possible to have new categories added to the tool shed(s)?  If so, what is the
process?

I am just starting to investigate setting up our own local tool shed and I am
coming across mentions of repository capsules and exporting tool sheds.  Would
it be preferable to install the NLP tools to a local tool shed and then export
a repository/capsule to be imported to the Test/Main tools sheds?  What happens
if our tool shed uses a disjoint set of categories than Test/Main?

Cheers,
Keith

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science