Hi,

I read the doc about external authentication but I'm not sure to understand
all of it (I'm a newbie).

I would like to use both capacities of NIS :

                - the use of Linux login and password for access to Galaxy

                - and exploit the system user accounts to the restricted
access on file/directory.Importing data would only be possible for an
authorized Linux user. Same thing for running tools on data.

I found this old post https://biostar.usegalaxy.org/p/554/ which is about
what I intend to do, but is it possible now ?

Will it change the way Galaxy stores the output of a tool ?

For now my Galaxy instance stores the output in database/files/ in a new
directory and probably use the job id to name it.

With this authentication will Galaxy create a directory with the user's
name and then a subdirectory for each tool output ?

Thank you in advance,

FT