Hi, Anne

Can you be more specific about how you'd like to visualize the files? It
sounds like you've already got a tool that will build an html file which is
the classic way to make visualizations with galaxy.

Now you'd like to make it more interactive? Do you already have javascript
or python code that will be used to manipulate or draw the data? The
visualization registry will help you link a user's data to your
visualization code but will not create the code that does the rendering or
interaction.

Aside from that, if you know the structure and filenames of your
composite's extra files directory, currently you can access those files
using:
api/histories/{history_id}/contents/{content_id}/display?filename=<some
file>
The meme type will be guessed based on the extension generally and more
complex paths can also be specified using the filename parameter.

So, for example, if I have a FastQC Html composite file with an extra files
path of:
database/files/000/dataset_83_files

And within that directory, fastqc makes an additional subdirectory:
sample1_fastqc/Icons
sample1_fastqc/Images
sample1_fastqc/summary.txt

I can fetch the summary.txt file (with the 'text/plain' memetype) using:
api/histories/{history_id}/contents/{content_id}/display?filename=sample1_fastqc/summary.txt

Let me know if that wasn't the info you were after or I misunderstood the
question.
Carl