Depending on how you set things up - either Galaxy, Nginx, or Apache
are creating a file for the upload that is incoming - in the above
case I imagine it is this file -
/home/galaxy/wkdir/galaxy/database/tmp/tmpp6j83l. This file is outside
of Galaxy's data model for tools and jobs - it is just a free floating
file in some ways - so the Pulsar client doesn't know it needs to
transfer it or how to modify the job description to handle it. It is
kind of a very special case for data source tools.

Stepping back a minute, the upload tool is an odd thing to run with
pulsar, it would basically need to send a file to pulsar server,
pulsar would run a very lightweight script that wouldn't modify the
file at all, and then send the same file back to Galaxy with some
metadata. It will really slow down uploads to do them this way I think
- if at all possibly you should try to run this tool closer to Galaxy
or at least not transfer the file (if it is on a shared directory or
something).

Hacking up Galaxy to find these uploaded files would be possible and I
think I would merge a PR to implement that, but it is such a
particular use case (upload shouldn't probably be running on disk that
isn't shared with Galaxy) that I don't think it is worth the effort of
implementing this right now.

Is this fair? Can you find some shared disk to use for these paths -
/home/galaxy/wkdir/galaxy/database/tmp/tmpp6j83l.

-John