Dear galaxy admins,

when I install a galaxy server with httpd/ldap proxy, login, let galaxy put
the user credentials into the postgresql database, and try to connect with
my email as user to the ftpd (which queries the sql db), I cannot connect
(credentials refused).
When I do reset the user password in the galaxy interface (to the LDAP
matching one), then the pbkdf2 hash salt and key changes in the sql table
(galaxy_user), and the user can connect to ftpd.

What do I do wrong, I guess it might derive from the httpd/ldap request
which galaxy uses to register the user in the sql db?

I put the following into httpd.conf:

AuthType Basic
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthLDAPURL "ldap://
baz.foo.bar.de/dc=foo,dc=bar,dc=de?uid?sub?(objectClass=person)"
AuthLDAPBindDN uid=galaxy,ou=specialusers,dc=foo,dc=bar,dc=de
AuthLDAPBindPassword [...]
RequestHeader set REMOTE_USER %{AUTHENTICATE_uid}e

Do I need to change the RequestHeader? Any hints are appreciated!

Sven