Bob

From: John Chilton <jmchil...@gmail.com>Cc:
galaxy-dev@lists.galaxyproject.orgSent: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 13:44:01 -0000
(UTC)Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] Opening Galaxy with a specified History Name It
looks like you can specify a tool or workflow to jump straight tobut not a
history.

The following pull request(https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/pull/725)
extends this functionality to include histories. You will need the encoded
history ID as returned by the workflow andhistory API to use this &ndash; e.g.
on my test laptop the following URLworked to switch histories after applying
the patch in the pullrequest &ndash;
http://localhost:8080/root?history_id=1cd8e2f6b131e892.

Hope this helps,-John

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 6:23 PM, <rbrown1...@comcast.net> wrote:> Good
afternoon John,> We are running a self defined workflow in Galaxy and have a
unique history> for each dataset we are working on. This workflow is run
repeatedly to> tackle an entire dataset, requiring the user the use Galaxy
multiple times> with other steps outside of Galaxy.> The user enters via a web
app, and we would like to bring the user into> their Galaxy account with the
correct history loaded for the dataset they> are trying to process.> Is there a
way to specify the history when starting Galaxy, not just use the> last one
from the previous session?> Thanks,> Bob> ----- Original Message -----> From:
John Chilton <jmchil...@gmail.com>> To: rbrown1...@comcast.net> Cc:
galaxy-dev@lists.galaxyproject.org> Sent: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 15:32:39 -0000
(UTC)> Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] Opening Galaxy with a specified History Name>
Can you please elaborate on what will be driving this? You can> certainly
create a history and run jobs with the API. It sounds like> what you want
though is an external web application or something that> will have a link to
create a new history for the current users's> session. I'm not sure this is
currently supported since this wouldn't> involve the API but it can probably be
hacked together for your> application.> -John> On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 8:17 PM,
<rbrown1...@comcast.net> wrote:>> To all,>> I would like to open a Galaxy
session programmatically (schedule Galaxy>> with>> their user name and
password) and have the Galaxy session open with a>> history name I specify. So
if there was work done previously under that>> history name, those output files
will appear in the history window -->> without the user having to change the
history name manually to see them.>> Is this possible?>> Thanks,>> bob>>>>