Hi Mic,

Maintainer of the JBrowse tool here. The XZ developers removed downloads of
their old packages (see the notice at the top of
http://tukaani.org/xz/old.html), breaking the installation process. This should
be fixed by the end of November.

Currently, the JBrowse package will likely fail to install for reasons other
than XZ. There are numerous bugs in the initial release that I have not yet
fixed, but I am working on an update to the JBrowse tool which should be out
soon and will fix all of the installation bugs as well as provide some much
needed features. Please feel free to file further issues against the IUC
repository which hosts the tool
(https://github.com/galaxyproject/tools-iuc/issues/) or email me personally.

Ciao,
Eric

On 11/08/2015 06:26 AM, Mic wrote:
> Hello,
> I tried JBrowse from toolshed and testtoolshed to install, but in both
> cases it fails, because of xz (
> /testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/iuc/package_xz_5_0_5/50c34f0ab0e4/package_xz_5_0_5
> <http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/iuc/package_xz_5_0_5/50c34f0ab0e4/package_xz_5_0_5>/
> ):
>
> /Error downloading from URL/
> /http://tukaani.org/xz/xz-5.0.5.tar.bz2:/