Dear all,

This is an email to inquire about the potential community interest in
having a RADSeq hackathon.

There has been quite some interest in analyzing RADSeq with Galaxy. As
far as I know there are essentially only two tools dedicated to this,
wrapping stacks and prada.

I have been exchanging emails with the authors of the stacks tool (Yvan
is Cced here) and they seem to have interest in pursuing this also.

Where I am based now, we have quite a few RADSeq users that can advise
on needs of the RADSeq community (obviously if others have any ideas,
those would be most welcome).

We also have good connections to some of the researchers involved with
creating the technology, whom I believe could provide some advice on
what we need to implement.

RADSeq is a cheap sequencing technology that is used by many
resource-limited groups and they would potentially benefit a lot from
easy-to-use galaxy tools.

Any interest in this?

Tiago