Eric - yeah - it should be straight forward to add these to workflow
editor - it is just sort of a matter of how to represent this I think.
I don't have any clues.

The relevant commit is at:

https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/commit/e0a5e82bdae407535b9d7c98e3dcf851b63d01a0

This includes example workflows built up using YAML that establish
these kinds of connections. This connections are what enabled Dan
Blankenberg's work on workflows for data managers that he presented at
the GCC 2015 and that he will post to Github within in a week or two
of GCC 2015 ;).

More background on building up workflows from YAML can be found at
https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/pull/1096 and
https://github.com/galaxyproject/bioblend/pull/143.

-John