Hi Eric,
Thank you for your email. I have Galaxy installed in */home/galaxy/galaxy*
and Apache Proxy is setup for *localhost:8080*. I modified the Apache
config file further for GIE:

*RewriteEngine onRewriteRule ^/static/style/(.*)
/home/galaxy/galaxy/static/june_2007_style/blue/$1 [L]RewriteRule
^/static/scripts/(.*) /home/galaxy/galaxy/static/scripts/packed/$1
[L]RewriteRule ^/static/(.*) /home/galaxy/galaxy/static/$1 [L]RewriteRule
^/favicon.ico /home/galaxy/galaxy/static/favicon.ico [L]RewriteRule
^/robots.txt /home/galaxy/galaxy/static/robots.txt [L]RewriteRule ^(.*)
http://localhost:8080$1 [P]# IPython specific. Other IEs may require their
own routes.ProxyPass        /gie_proxy/ipython/api/kernels
ws://localhost:8800/gie_proxy/ipython/api/kernels# Global GIE
configurationProxyPass        /gie_proxy http://localhost:8800/gie_proxy
<http://localhost:8800/gie_proxy>ProxyPassReverse /gie_proxy
http://localhost:8800/gie_proxy <http://localhost:8800/gie_proxy># Normal
Galaxy configurationProxyPass        / http://localhost:8080