Dear All

Our production Galaxy server has been running smoothly on a single multicore box with Red Hat 6.7. As this box gets older and older, it is in now time to replace it.

At the same time, we are also considering switching the operating system to CentOS 7. Has anyone switched a production installation from Red Hat to CentOS ?

'Galaxy Main' is running on CentOS, isn't-it?

I am also interested in plain numbers: how many of you are using Red Hat, how many CentOS and which version for your production server. I will probably need such numbers to convince our IT department.

Thank you very much for your help
Hans-Rudolf

--

Hans-Rudolf Hotz, PhD
Bioinformatics Support

Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research
Maulbeerstrasse 66
4058 Basel/Switzerland