Hi Lance,

FWIW, there is an existing bedstrict and bed12 (and bed6) datatypes in Galaxy.
The strict datatypes are currently usually created by implicit datatype
converters and are most often used by some external display applications that
need standards conforming files.  bed6/12 are subclasses of bedstrict. They can
of course be consumed or created by any sort of tool. Please let us know if we
can provide additional information.

Thanks for using Galaxy,

Dan