Hi Matthias

Make sure 'listing' is a list of (displayName,value,boolean)

Though, there might be other errors as well

Regards, Hans-Rudolf

I am not sure, whether this
On 01/26/2016 01:22 PM, Matthias De Smet wrote:
Hi all,

I’m trying to develop a tool that lets you select a file on the server.
I’m using the dynamic_options setting to let Galaxy render a dropdown
list of available file.

However, when I try to test the tool in its current form, I get the
following error:

<pre>
galaxy.web.framework.decorators ERROR 2016-01-26 13:08:35,649 Uncaught
exception in exposed API method:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "lib/galaxy/web/framework/decorators.py", line 260, in decorator
     rval = func( self, trans, *args, **kwargs)
   File "lib/galaxy/webapps/galaxy/api/tools.py", line 98, in build
     return tool.to_json(trans, kwd.get('inputs', kwd))
   File "lib/galaxy/tools/__init__.py", line 2602, in to_json
     populate_state(trans, self.inputs, state_inputs, state_errors,
params.__dict__)
   File "lib/galaxy/tools/__init__.py", line 2471, in populate_state
     state[input.name] = input.get_initial_value(trans, context,
history=history)
   File "lib/galaxy/tools/parameters/basic.py", line 984, in
get_initial_value
     value = [ optval for _, optval, selected in options if selected ]
ValueError: too many values to unpack
</pre>

My tool xml looks like this:

<pre>

<tool id="archivetolibrary" name="Copy files" version="0.1.0">
   <description>from the archive to a data library</description>
   <code file="list_files.py"/>
   <command interpreter="bash">
     test.sh > $log
   </command>
   <inputs>
     <param name="archive_source" type="select" display="radio"
label="Choose source archive">
       <options from_file="archives.loc">
         <column name="name" index="0"/>
         <column name="value" index="1"/>
       </options>
     </param>
     <param name="query" type="text" label="Search for files"/>
     <param name="selected_file" type="select" label="Choose your file"
dynamic_options="list_files(archive_source,query)"/>
</inputs>
   <outputs>
     <data name="log" format="txt" label="${tool.name} on
${on_string}"></data>
  </outputs>
   <tests>
     <test>
     </test>
   </tests>
   <help>
This tool copies data from and archive folder to your history. Keep in
mind this folder MUST be readable by Galaxy in order for this tool to work.
   </help>
</tool>

</pre>

and the script called in the “code” tag looks like this

<pre>
def list_files(dir,query): listing=[]
for fname in listdir(dir):
  fullpath = path.join(dir, fname) #only select datafiles, not md5
checksums
  if path.isfile(fullpath) and not fullpath.endswith(".md5"):
  listing.append( fname )
return listing
</pre>

This script should return a list with filenames that should be displayed
in the dropdown list.

I’m tracking Galaxy release 15.10, running on a Ubuntu 14.04.3 server

Thanks for your help!

Matthias