On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:59 PM, Nate Coraor <n...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 12:10 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> QUESTION: When submitting jobs to the cluster as the real user,
>> how should sudo scripts/drmaa_external_runner.py be told which
>> Python to use, and how would it activate the venv if needed for
>> the DRMAA dependency?
>

> Hi Peter,
>
> I think the easiest solution to this is probably to write a wrapper script
> that sets up the environment for drmaa_external_runner.py and call this
> wrapper (with the same args), which can then pass the args to
> drmaa_external_runner.py.
>
> --nate

Thanks Nate,

So we'd write a shell script called drmaa_external_runner.py which
setups the Python environment and then calls a copy of the original
Python script drmaa_external_runner.py - has anyone else tried this?

Clearly using Python 2.7 on a system with a Python 2.6 default (CentOS 6)
is part of the problem. Maybe we can just install the Python DRMAA under
the system Python 2.6 instead?