From: Marius van den Beek [mailto:m.vandenb...@gmail.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 24. März 2016 11:49
To: Rathert, Philipp, Dr. <philipp.rath...@ibc.uni-stuttgart.de>
Cc: Nicola Soranzo <nsora...@tiscali.it>; galaxy-dev@lists.galaxyproject.org
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] perl version 5.18.1 repository error

Hi Philipp,

I believe you have run into a rather complicated problem with perl's
dependencies.

We (the IUC) have changed from coreutils-8.22 to coreutils-8.25 for exactly the
reason you are reporting

(`...generated no output for the defined timeout period of 3600.0 seconds`).

So you should update your installation of package_perl_5_18_1.

Unfortunately, no stable release of galaxy up till now can handle this change
of dependencies cleanly.

(16.04 will be the first release that should have no problem with this).

When you are doing an update of package_perl_5_18_1, you should have
gnu-coreutils-8.25 listed as

one of perl's dependencies, as well as gnu-coreutils-8.22. For the moment the
best thing you can do is to ignore

the status of gnu-coreutils-8.22. Once you upgrade galaxy to release_16.04 or
newer, repairing package_perl_5_18_1

will remove gnu-coreutils-8.22 from the list of dependencies of perl.

This should not affect the functionality of perl or meme.

Let us know how it goes

Marius

On 24 March 2016 at 09:23, Rathert, Philipp, Dr.
<philipp.rath...@ibc.uni-stuttgart.de
<mailto:philipp.rath...@ibc.uni-stuttgart.de> > wrote:

Dear Nicola,

now it looks like package_gnu_coreutils_8_22

is generating an error

gnu_coreutils
<http://129.69.102.42/admin_toolshed/manage_repository_tool_dependencies?repository_id=e4c0e60daf76dabb&operation=browse&tool_dependency_ids=e96c6ce43a3d239a>

8.22

package

Error

Shutting down process id 23231 because it generated no output for the defined
timeout period of 3600.0 seconds.

I didn't find anything an this error on the web and I am not sure how I can fix
this...

cheers,

philipp