Hi Peter, I ending up finding a solution to my problem using this forum
post:
https://lists.galaxyproject.org/pipermail/galaxy-dev/2014-August/020361.html.
I just ended up using the really specific file output path and it started
auto-detecting the file format. Thanks for your help it was much
appreciated.