Hi Dannon

Thank you very much for the quick reply:

Our sysadmin installed:

openldap-devel
cyrus-sasl-devel

on our (Red Hat 7.2) box.

And, I can now run

>     . .venv/bin/activate
>     pip install python-ldap

looks like it is working now....except, that I now have to figure out the correct settings in auth_conf.xml

Regards, Hans-Rudolf

On 07/22/2016 01:24 PM, Dannon Baker wrote:
There's an open PR with a few build issues to build a Galaxy-side wheel
for python-ldap here:
https://github.com/galaxyproject/starforge/pull/97, and once that's
resolved it should be automatically installed as a conditional
dependency the usual Galaxy way.

Until then, yeah, a workaround is to activate the virtualenv and pip
install it.  As you found out, to do that you'll need a few system
packages -- I had to install both libldap2-dev and libsasl2-dev on an
ubuntu box here to get it to build.  Good luck!

-Dannon

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 7:07 AM Hans-Rudolf Hotz <h...@fmi.ch