Hi John, Sorry I forgot the repply to all stuff, so once again:

I checked that I have a tab not a space. I am using gedit as an editor.
Maybe my problem with extract is linked to the fact that bx-python is not installed correctly because: I could install bx-python (0.7.1) from IUC but not devteam from the toolshed. Then when I run the extract_genomic_dna.py from the command I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "extract_genomic_dna.py", line 17, in <module>
    import bx.seq.nib
ImportError: No module named bx.seq.nib

Thanks for your help.
Alexandre