Hi Ulf

I don't think the two things are connected which each other. In the logs of our local installation we see once in a while, lines like:

  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/socket.py", line 303, in flush
    self._sock.sendall(buffer(data, write_offset, buffer_size))
error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

but without any errors or failed jobs associated. We consider those as harmless, temporary glitches in the web server part of galaxy.

Sorry, not much help...

Just one question for clarification, which might help others (with more cloud experience) to jump in: do the failed jobs occur randomly with any tool? or are they all coming from the same tool?

Regards, Hans-Rudolf